Sunday, March 4, 2012

2.29.12 Puppy Scam

Scams are everywhere now a days.  I can't believe it.   We got a little scammed on the puppy application I did last night.  Turns out I wasn't applying for a puppy from the Animal Shelter.  They just tag the local Animal Shelter, personally I believe they even implied the puppy was coming from the Animal Shelter.  Turns out it was from the Friends of Rocky Mount, friends of the local animal shelter.  They take pictures of the animals that they have in there, then they try to find them homes.  Well turns out the puppies are homed all along the East Coast and they want $300 for the puppy!  I think they should changed their name to Friends of Drug Brain Dead people.  They are beyond crazy if they think that I'm putting $300 out on a puppy.  If I'm paying for a puppy that is a mixed breed I'm getting it at the pound and giving my money to something I know I can trust. 

These people are crazy, 4 page application, references, home visits.  Really?  We're adopting a puppy not a child.  lol 

The afternoon turned out to be very nice so I took Brian for a ride and we headed down to the Animal Shelter, that is how we found out that we were being scammed!  It's funny now, the worker Harper, she was all over this scam, like she won the lotto!  lol  I was cracking up at her.  It was like watching Madea going off over it.  Needless to say we got to know a few officers that night and we found a better puppy than the one we found on line from Friends of Scammers.

All night long Brian kept saying "I got a puppy, I got a puppy, I love you, I love you, Thank You Thank you."  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment