My adorable boyfriend, Brian, has 5 kids as I told you, we see his 2 daughters every weekend. Since it's the start of my "photo a day for a year" I thought I would use the girls in my first photo. They love to have pancakes for breakfast, every morning. They normally eat school breakfasts, nothing wrong with that but you know home cooked is way better than school cooked. The little one AM is 6 and she hasn't cooked like this before. She has mixed and prepped before, but she's never been up to the stove. I will admit even though I was not nervous she was very nervous. But my AM is nervous about everything.
At first it was kinda funny, she was holding the spatula with her first fingers and her thumb like she was picking something up. I did laugh, you would think she had never watched me or someone else cook! lol But as you can see she got the hang of it and did really well. Cutting up was even more fun to watch, I gave her the kitchen scissors to cut it up, but her small hands couldn't get the hang of it. Plus, she doesn't have much practice with the scissor because she likes to cut her hair or anything else she can get her hands. But she was very happy to have made her own breakfast and I was very proud of her for her first cooking attempt!
Now lil B up top. She has been my cooking buddy for 6 months, I can't remember if I've let her at the stove, but I'm sure she has since she is 9. Oh and since I've known her I thought she was 9 and she had a B-Day so of course she would 10. She finally tells me this weekend, I'm only 9. Well, what on earth, the kid has been letting me think she is 10. Oh well. Anyways, my lil B, did great of course. She's a natural in the kitchen and loves being the kitchen.

No comments:
Post a Comment